Friday, March 6, 2009

Ice Bells

Skywatch Friday
Ice Bells

It was a gloriously sunny day today. It was -4 celcius but not a breath of wind and you can actually feel some warmth to the sun. I took Jesse (my brother's dog) and Tucker for a walk around Margaret Bowater Park, and took a couple of Skywatch pictures. The sky was mostly blue with a few fluffy clouds.



I stopped on the bridge over Corner Brook Stream. If that name seems a little redundant its because the community's name is Corner Brook, and the Stream runs through it. I noticed some interesting ice formations on a tree seen here on the left.

So I zoomed in to take a closer look and discovered the prettiest ice bells hanging from the tree. There were a number of stringy branches hanging down, creating a wicking effect and the water and spray had frozen to create these lovely ornaments. Some of them are in the water, but some are hanging above it.

Check out Skywatch Friday

12 comments:

Louise said...

How beautiful and how unusual. Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

I love sky/tree photos - Pretty! Happy SWF

A Scattering said...

Great transition from the sky photo through to the "ice bells" - clever and beautiful.

Janet Creamer Martin said...

Ice bells-just amazing.

Marilyn said...

I love the shot of the brook. I could hear the water running and it made me miss home a lot.......

Unknown said...

Amazing I have never seen ice form like that before, great post

Carol said...

Great photos...looks like a wonderful place for a walk...love the ice bells!

bobbie said...

So very lovely.

Deb said...

pretty photos, looks cold!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

frozen spray is very interesting.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful world you live in!

Huzhar said...

You captured such beautiful pictures. I love the clear blue sky and the ice bells. The stream looks good for fishing.